So, you wanna live a healthier life? That’s great! To live a healthier life you need to choose foods that will keep your organs healthy. There are so many different things to consider that it can be confusing at first. Fear not! This post will definitely give you some nutrition ideas to choose right foods. Keep reading for helpful suggestions about nutrition that will start you on your journey to a healthier you.
Each organs have a separate functions like your liver breaks down harmful substances, kidney cleanses your blood, heart pumps the oxygenated blood throughout the body, etc. Though they have a separate functions, every organs are interdependent. This means that people with kidney or liver or heart problems are at increased risk of having another organ problem. Diabetes, blood pressure, obesity increases the risk even more.
24hrs a day, from sun rise to sun set even when you sleep your organs are working continuously to keep you healthy. Our body is more over like a machine. Just image if you overuse a machine say it a bike, its capacity will decrease and you have to give it for monthly service to maintain it. Similarly our body’s organs. The food we eat, stress and daily living all compromises their ability to do their job effectively. The good news is that when you give your bike for service it regains its ability. Likewise you can support each organ and stave off from chronic diseases by the intake of certain foods. Here in this post I am gonna discuss about those foods which helps us to keep our organs healthy.
1. Eyes – To keep your eyes healthy and to have proper vision all you need to do is consume Vitamin A rich foods. If you are against wearing specs/lens fill your plates with yellow/orange fruits and vegetables. To know the sources of vitamin A, you can refer to the link I have given here. https://nutridietary.health.blog/2020/08/29/know-your-nutrients-part-1-fat-soluble-vitamins/
2. Tooth – Eat calcium rich foods to keep your teeth stronger. Visit this link to know about the food sources of calcium. https://nutridietary.health.blog/2020/09/26/everything-you-need-to-know-about-minerals/ To prevent tooth decay, avoid sugary foods, carbonated drinks
3. Lungs – Keeping your lungs healthy is essential to feeling your best. Yet, common factors, including exposure to cigarette smoke and environmental toxins, as well as eating an inflammatory diet, can take a toll on this pair of important organs. To keep lungs healthy and function efficiently include more of vegetables like beetroot, pepper, red cabbage, tomato & broccoli, fruits like apple, pumpkin, berries like strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, cranberry and also garlic, ginger, turmeric, Brazil nuts, green tea and coffee in your diet.
4. Liver – Liver is an organ which breakdowns medicines, harmful substances, etc. So you need to detoxify liver and reduce it’s oxidative stress to protect it’s cells from inflammation. In order to cleanse liver consume foods like beetroot, broccoli, garlic, turmeric, grapes, blueberries, cranberries. Tea, coffee and green tea also aids in keeping liver healthy. Instead of sunflower or other vegetable oil use olive oil.
5. Skin – Biotin is the key nutrient to keep your skin healthy, look young and attractive. This link https://nutridietary.health.blog/2020/09/05/know-your-nutrients-part-2-water-soluble-vitamins/ will help you to know the foods which are rich in Biotin.
6. Brain – Brain is the central processing unit of our body. It’s incharge of keeping your heart beating and lungs breathing and also allowing you to move, feel and think. Thats why to keep every organs work efficiently you need to keep your brain healthy. The foods we eat play a major role in keeping the brain healthy by increasing it’s concentration and memory. Those foods include – fatty fishes, egg, broccoli, berries, orange, nuts especially walnut, seeds especially pumpkin seeds, turmeric, green tea, coffee and dark chocolate.
7. Heart – Although you might know that eating certain foods can increase your heart disease risk, it’s often tough to change your eating habits. Whether you have years of unhealthy eating under your belt or you simply want to fine-tune your diet, here are heart-healthy diet tips. Once you know which foods to eat more of and which foods to limit, you’ll be on your way toward a heart-healthy diet. Foods which helps to keep heart healthy are – eat more of fibre rich fruits and vegetables, avocado, berries, fatty fish, garlic, nuts and seeds, green tea and dark chocolate. You can substitute your oil/butter/cheese with olive oil.
8. Stomach – The digestive tract plays a vital role in your health, as it’s responsible for absorbing nutrients and eliminating waste. Unfortunately, many people suffer from digestive problems like bloating, cramping, gas, abdominal pain, diarrhea and constipation for a variety of reasons. However, even a healthy person can experience digestive problems due to things such as a lack of fiber or probiotic-rich foods in their diet. Here are some of the best foods to improve gut health and they are – fibre rich fruits and vegetables especially beetroot, papaya, fatty fishes, ginger and nuts. Probiotic foods like curd and other fermented foods helps to increase good bacteria in the gut which helps to maintain gut health. Zinc is a mineral that is critical for gut health and hence include more of zinc rich foods. To know those foods visit this link https://nutridietary.health.blog/2020/09/26/everything-you-need-to-know-about-minerals/
9. Kidneys – The kidneys are small but powerful bean-shaped organs that perform many important functions. They are responsible for filtering waste products, releasing hormones that regulate blood pressure, balancing fluids in the body, producing urine, and many other essential tasks. There are various ways in which these vital organs can become damaged like diabetes, high blood pressure, obesity, etc. When the kidneys aren’t working properly, waste builds up in the blood, including waste products from food. Therefore, it’s necessary for people with kidney disease to follow a special diet.
To prevent from renal problems you need to take kidney beans which helps the organ’s ability. People with kidney disease have to keep a check on their fluid, protein, sodium, potassium and magnesium intake. Certain foods which helps them to maintain the health of kidney are – cauliflower, cabbage, red bell pepper, radish, turnip, onion, garlic, berries especially blueberries, cranberries, red grapes, apple, pineapple, egg white and olive oil.
10. Bowels – When the food we eat gets digested and the nutrients are absorbed, then it’s waste products should be sent out. If not it would start to build up in the colon and may cause harm even cancer. So it’s important to maintain a healthy bowel movement. Certain foods which helps to maintain a healthy bowel are – Fibre rich diet like the intake of whole grains, beans, fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds. Probiotics like curd, fermented foods, etc are good bacteria aids in healthy bowel. Staying hydrated and moderate physical activity are also important for healthy bowel.
Eat healthy to live healthy!!!!